As a driver in Minneapolis, you are aware that having heat in your vehicle in the frigid winter temperatures is necessary and not having it is unsafe. Certainly, having a dysfunctional defrost system is not optional. You need to be able to see to safely drive. On the same note, a non-working AC will make you uncomfortable in the heat of summer. Even though summer temperatures are not as bad as in some places, as drivers in Minneapolis, we want the temperatures in our vehicles to be cozy. Uptown Imports are your go-to for auto AC repair.
Signs of AC Repair
Whether you are driving around town or on a trip, your car’s air conditioner should keep you and your passengers cool. When that does not happen, something is wrong with your car’s AC. Some signs to look for:
- Warm air – You’re AC is designed to blow cold air so if the air is warmer than usual; your refrigerant may be low, or it needs to be recharged. The technicians at Uptown Imports have the knowledge and the tools to get your vehicle’s air conditioner working properly.
- Foul Smell – Smelling a mildew scent coming from your air vents can indicate that there is mold in your system. You will want to get this checked out as soon as possible. Breathing in mold spores is not healthy for you or your passengers.
- Unusual Sounds – Hearing a rattling noise may indicate that there is a problem with the condenser or there may be a crack in the fan belt. It is important to have any noise checked out to prevent further damage. The technicians at Uptown Imports can accurately diagnose the problem and get you back on the road fast with cool air.
- Water On The Floorboard – Water in your vehicle is never a good sign! If you notice water on the floorboard under the dash, there may be a clog in your drain hose. You will want to get this repaired as soon as possible.
Signs of Heat Repair
Having the heater working in your vehicle is important for the cold temperatures that are present during the winter months. Look out for these clues that you need to have your heater inspected by a professional.
- Taking too long to heat – Of course, instant heat is not expected but often desired. The vehicle’s engine needs to heat up. When it does, you should be able to feel the heat coming from your vents. If it is taking too long, there could be a problem with the fan.
- Working too well – When the vents are blowing out hot air, it is often thought that the hotter the air the heater is putting out the better. That is not accurate. There could be a problem with the engine’s coolant system.
If you notice any of these signs for you’re AC or your Heater, call Uptown Imports for an appointment today.